- Category: Pastor's Blog
So we’re at week 3 of 6, the half way mark, and I imagine some might be wondering, “What more could we possibly say about bitterness?” Unfortunately, lots! I say lots because it’s such a vast problem and the symptoms are so diverse; there is much to do in overcoming bitterness. As with all problems of this magnitude the there’s no sense in treating all the symptoms until we get to the source. Sharpen you axes as today we begin applying God’s word to the root of bitterness, unforgiveness! In the meanwhile here’s a list of things to help you analyze your situation and determine if this message is for you.
Top 10 ways to know you’re probably bitter...
- If you believe Pastor Dom has researched your life and designed this sermon series with you in mind.
- If you wish you brother with the fancy coat (who by the way dad loved more) was here for this.
- If you’d rather sit for 45 minutes alone with Mike Tyson than Pastor Tim.
- Your idea of a “great night” is home alone eating dinner watching TV.
- Your idea of great vacation would be a remote island where no one spoke English.
- If in a staff meeting your boss refers to you as “that angry guy” and everyone knows who know he means.
- If your kids call you “Sir” or “Ma’am” and your dog is leery of you.
- If you didn’t smile at any of these cuz there just not funny!
- If you wonder why everyone keeps looking at you… RIGHT NOW!
- If you think the pastor is talking about everyone else but you.